Evaluation Overview

Project

Event

Resources

 

Bit to Byte's proposal submission process is based on a famous Harvard Business School MBA study on goal setting. The study was based on a simple question: Have you set written goals and created a plan for their attainment?  Prior to graduation, it was determined that 84% of the class had set no goals, 13% of the class had set written goals but had no plan, and 3% of the class had both written goals and concrete plans. The result was evaluated 10 years later and what the researchers found was that the 13% of the class that had set goals but no plans, were making twice as much money as the 84% of the class that had set no goals at all, however, the 3% of the class that had both goals and a plan, were making ten times as much as the rest of 97% of the class! Bit to Bytes process is similar in that we ask you to set milestones (goals) and back them with steps (plans) to ensure success. In doing that, we want to leave the rest to you, so, each proposal type is similar in that its open-ended and the reason for this is to give you the flexibility you need to pass along your message and goals in any format (ie. video, written, deck/presi, etc).

 

Proposals received by Bit to Byte are initially assessed to ensure that they meet the basic requirements. All proposals that meet those initial requirements are then carefully reviewed by a BtB Program Officer, and usually by three to ten other persons who are experts in the particular fields represented by the proposal. The panel is given instructions on the evaluation criteria, the meaning of different rankings, and the type of comments that will be helpful to the Program Officer and proposal submitters.

After all proposals have been evaluated, panel members discuss each one. Each panel member provides a rating for each proposal based on the discussion. The Program Officer uses these final ratings to determine whether or not the proposal gets passed.